WHAT DO WE DO?
- Promoting independence and recovery
- Challenging social exclusion by encouraging community involvement
- Facilitating social inclusion with creative and accessible solutions
WHAT DO WE OFFER OUR EMPLOYEES?
- A structured and comprehensive induction
- A supportive environment (regular supervision sessions with your line manager & an open door policy)
- Opportunities for personal development
- Company pension scheme
- Training opportunities (Face to face training and a wide range of e-learning courses)
- Employee assistance programme (24 hour services for employees and their family)
- A generous annual leave entitlement (25 days + bank holidays, pro rata)
- Long service award
- Workplace wellbeing charter
- Employee referral scheme (Earn £50 for referring somebody to the organisation)
OUR CURRENT VACANCIES
Local Healthwatch organisations were established as fully independent consumer champions run by local people, for local people. We are part of a national network of Local Healthwatch that was set up under the Health and Social Care Act 2012.
Healthwatch England is the national body for Healthwatch, working with the network of 152 local Healthwatch (such as Healthwatch Devon, Plymouth and Torbay) and other partners to address national issues with access to and quality of health and social care services.
Healthwatch gather and represent the views of the public in order to influence improvements in health and care service provision and share good practice.
Overall Aims of Post:
The work of Local Healthwatch is focused on two main areas: To provide accurate information about local services. To engage all communities to share information, capture feedback and empower people to have their say.
Healthwatch engages with a broad spectrum of stakeholders, providers, commissioners and members of the public.
Reporting to Healthwatch Comms and Systems Intelligence Lead, the Digital Engagement Officer will bring together all digital channels to improve and develop engagement with all stakeholders and users of health and social care services in Devon, Plymouth and Torbay, to increase brand awareness and trust in the organisation, and increase feedback responses from service users.
Providing specialist digital knowledge to the work of the organisation, the postholder will help deliver engagement plans – with special emphasis on conversations and sentiment gathering across digital platforms, identifying new opportunities for digital development and engagement.
Be the lead point of contact through internet-based communication methods and actively be involved in signposting for Healthwatch in collaboration with the team.
Location: this post is ideal for remote working, with the post holder on occasion visiting HQ and other locations.
Part-time hours: 25 per week
Pro rata salary: £13,650.00 (£10.50 Per Hour)
Application deadline: 22/10/2021
To view the full job description, please click HERE
To apply for this vacancy, you must complete an organisational application form – please click HERE (Please outline you are applying for Healthwatch Digital Engagement Officer)
Do you want to work for a supportive organisation who value their staff?
Do you want to make a difference in peoples lives?
If so… Join us as a Support Worker
Whilst previous experience is beneficial, it is not essential! We value your life experience and ethos – so why not consider us as your next career choice
We are looking for compassionate individuals to join our charity to provide support to vulnerable adults within our community
What do we offer?
· Permanent contracts – ensuring financial security for staff –(Zero-Hour contract available if you prefer)
· Flexible hours to support your work/life balance
· Less weekend working than other similar organisations
· No personal care – we support the most independent people
· More annual leave days than legally required
· Paid sickness via organisational scheme
· Paid travel – petrol AND time (£0.40 Per Mile)
· Minimum 2 hour support visits – get to know your clients
· Employee Assistance Programme – A 24-hour service open to all employees and their friends/family (Proving legal advice, counselling, general support, discounts and more…)
· Opportunities for development if that’s what you’re looking for
· Smart Phone and data provided for all support workers
· Comprehensive induction and training throughout employment
· Numerous accreditation awards recognising our supportive/healthy environment
· Standby system – Guarantees no unexpected weekend working
· Covid secure environment – We protect staff i.e. delivering phone support when covid risk higher
· Lone worker system to keep staff safe
· Supportive and friendly team – i.e., weekly team meetings, regular supervisions/appraisal, and open-door policy to name a few
· Transparent Culture – have a say in what we do and how we do it! Get involved
· Overtime available and competitive salary
Plus, other benefits such as…
· Employee Referral Scheme – Earn £50 for referring a friend or family member!
· 5-year service award
· Staff socials and away days
And…. A Chance to Make a Difference
We have three different roles available with hourly rates ranging from £9.01 per hour to £9.50 depending on your knowledge and experience. These roles are based in either our supported accommodation team or our outreach support team. This is a great opportunity to join our dynamic and rapidly growing team. Tasks and Responsibilities will depend on your role.
Main tasks and responsibilities
· Deliver a range of support, including financial, daily living skills, meaningful activity, health, housing, & social skills as per agreed support plans
· Adopt a person centred, reablement approach at all times, ensuring client choice and improve client’s quality of life
· Proactively lead and monitor identified clients ensuring outcomes are met
· Report on client and service progress, adapting practise as required
· Housing and tenure support where appropriate
· Health and Safety monitoring, reporting and actions
· Maximise use of local resources including community networks, assistive technology, signposting, aiming to reduce reliance on paid support
· Complete client, personal and service paperwork/records
· Communicate effectively and liaise with external agencies
· Champion supportive teamwork
· Work in a safe way for yourself and others, following health, safety and safeguarding legislation, policy and procedures
· Manage your time and be flexible to the client and service needs
· Support service growth and development
Please visit our website: https://www.colebrooksw.org/jobs/ to complete our organisational application and to view the full details of the job description.
If you have any queries in relation to this position, please give our recruitment team a call on: 01752 205210
– We have both full-time & part time positions available!
– You must have a valid driving licence and a car to use for work for this vacancy.
– An enhanced DBS check will be required for this role – (We will pay of course!)
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time, Contract, Permanent
Salary: £9.01-£9.50 per hour
To view the full job description, please click HERE
To apply for this vacancy, you must complete an organisational application form – please click HERE (Please outline whether you are applying for Accommodation Support Worker or Outreach Support Worker)
Please be aware: You must have a valid driving licence and a car to use for work for this vacancy.
*DBS Check applies for all Support Worker roles, more information about the employment of ex-offenders please read this document – Information sheet for Employment of ex-offenders August 2013
If you have any questions about any of our positions, please email:
email@example.com OR alternatively, please call 01752 205210