Become a support worker with Colebrook South West!
What do we do?
- Promoting independence and recovery
- Challenging social exclusion by encouraging community involvement
- Facilitating social inclusion with creative and accessible solutions
What do we offer?
- Structured Induction
- Supportive Environment Encouraging Personal Development Training Opportunities
- Company Pension
- A-Z Staff Benefits
- Wide Range of E-Learning Courses
- Employee Assistance Programme – 24 hour services (Including different discounts & special offers to all employees and their family members)
- 25 Day Annual Leave + Bank Holidays
- Long Service Award
- Work Place Wellbeing Charter
We are looking for passionate and enthusiastic Support Workers to join our organisation to provide support for vulnerable adults. We have three different roles available with hourly rates ranging from £8.35 per hour to £9.00 per hour depending on your knowledge and experience.
Mileage and travel are paid, followed by organisational pay structure in line with the National Living Wage and a TOIL system is used to provide flexibility to all staff, especially when working patterns vary. This is a great opportunity to join our dynamic and rapidly growing team. Tasks and Responsibilities will depend on your role.
Main tasks and responsibilities:
- Deliver a range of support, including financial; daily living skills, meaningful activity, health, housing, & social skills as per agreed plans
- Adopt a person centred, reablement approach at all times, ensuring client choice and seeking to improve clients quality of life
- Maximise use of local resources including community networks, assistive technology, signposting, aiming to reduce reliance on paid support
- Report on client and service progress, adapting practise as required
- Complete some client, personal and service paperwork
- Communicate effectively and champion supportive teamwork
- Work in a safe way for yourself and others, following health, safety and safeguarding legislation, policy and procedures
- Manage your time when required and be flexible to the client and service needs
- Complete client related paperwork Inc. support plans, risk assessments and distance travelled tools
- Proactively lead and monitor identified clients ensuring outcomes are met
- Take the lead role in monitoring identified clients, ensuring outcomes are met and the service is meeting needs
- Accommodation services arrears and charges
- Housing association and landlord liaison and monitoring
- Supporting managers to manage tenure issues
- Health and Safety checks, reporting and actions
- Keeping the project in a good order Inc. hygiene, decoration, project repairs and maintenance
- Voids management and growth promotion
- Relevant housing management records and returns
- Whilst promoting client involvement at all times
To apply please complete an organisational application form online (please click here).
Please be aware: You must have a valid driving licence and a car to use for work for this vacancy.
*DBS Check applies for all Support Worker roles, more information about the employment of ex-offenders please read this document – Information sheet for Employment of ex-offenders August 2013