Colebrook was established in 1983 to offer housing and support to people moving out from Moorhaven and other long stay mental health institutions. We took our name from our first housing support project, which was based in Colebrook, Plympton.
Over the last 35 years or so, Colebrook has expanded and diversified to deliver a wide range of different services including:
- A wide range of supported accommodation projects
- Community based support services
- Work with Learning Disabilities and complex needs
- Carers Champions, carers support service
- Plymouth Local Improvement Network (LINk) shaping health care and social care
- PAPOP – over 50s network
- A mental health user and carer network (PIPS)
Many of these services form the basis of the work we do today.