Things have changed a bit for the Opportunity Knocks Project since the coronavirus outbreak and the lockdown in March 2020.
We have been successful in securing funding from the National Lottery Covid Response fund that it partially funded by the Government and we would like to thank them for this funding and the opportunities it will bring.
This funding went ‘live’ on the 1st October 2020 so we have had to make some changes to the services and activities we offer. We have stopped, with immediate effect,
- running the Opportunity Knocks Timebank and all the drop-ins and activities that went with it
- Mental Health Carers group – we suggest that the carers that would still like support contact Caring for Carers at Improving Lives Plymouth as they now have a Mental Health Carers Group – 01752 210890.
We are, however, now offering the following great opportunities:
- A befriending service for people aged 18 – 50 who are feeling alone or isolated. When possible we will offer face to face sessions either as a group or a one to one service that can help to increase your confidence but until then we are making phone calls and using messenger and zoom groups to support people to make contact.
- Plymouth Diabeaters is a support group for people who have been told they are pre-diabetic or have been diagnosed with Type2 Diabetes and need so guidance and information to help them live well with the condition.
- Life after Loss is a group to help people who have experienced any kind of loss and may be at a crossroads in their life and need some support to find the right path for them. Loss comes in many forms in our lives – bereavement, unemployment, relationship breakdown, kids leaving home and can cause lots of issues. Let us help you to guide you on the next part of your life.
- Plymouth Menopause Network is here to support women on the rollercoaster that can be going through the menopause. We have a Facebook group and have regular meetings planned virtually during lockdown but these will move to face to face once we are able.
- For those of you with green fingers we are also still running the OK Growers project – our allotment is still a work in progress and we would love to have some volunteers to help us as well as helping tend some gardens for local people who are unable to maintain their own gardens.
If you would like to get more information about any or all of these groups please email OKProject@colebrooksw.org or call Penny on 07851645584 or Helen on 07714139706.